The local author of books about Poulton and Thornton Cleveleys War Memorials shares his own family story ‘Harry Curbishley – My Uncle’.
Do you find local history fascinating? The Visit Fylde Coast family of websites includes lots of interesting things from the past.
History of the Fylde Coast
Head off to the individual websites to find out about the characteristics of each place, and much more –
- About Fleetwood’s Past and how the town was planned out
- Folklore about sunken villages, offshore at Cleveleys long ago
- How old Poulton was once a major trading town
- About the growth of Blackpool and it’s amazing attractions
- How St Annes grew as a Victorian seaside town
- About Lytham’s heritage – and the windmill!
Most recent updates in this section:
Read articles on this website about how national events affect the local area.