Dream Motorsport Job

Dream Motorsport Job

An 18-year-old student at Blackpool and The Fylde College has landed his dream motorsport job with one of the UK’s top motorcycle racing teams. It’s thanks largely to the training he’s receiving at Blackpool and The Fylde College (B&FC).

Ben Armstrong from Preston is on a Level 3 Motorsport course. He’s joined the Fleetwood based McAMS Yamaha team, which competes in the Bennetts British Superbikes Championship. This 12-race series is the leading road-racing superbike championship in the UK. It’s regarded as the premiere domestic racing series in the world.

Dream Motorsport Job

“It’s a great privilege to have been chosen to join the support team for such a successful and well-regarded racing team as McAMS Yamaha,” says Ben. “There is no doubt that the training that I’m getting through the Motorsport section at college has played a major part in my selection. Although we’re only halfway through the season, I’ve already gained a lot of valuable experience by working with some of the best motorcycle mechanics and technical experts in the country. It’s a dream come true!”

Dream Motorsport Job. Ben Armstrong with one of the McAMS Yamaha bikes
Dream Motorsport Job. Ben Armstrong with one of the McAMS Yamaha bikes

Steve Jackson, Motorsport Programme Leader at B&FC, said: “Ben’s success in joining this UK-leading and locally based motorcycle racing team is a great example of how young people who want to get into motor racing can find that enrolling on one of our motorsport courses at Blackpool and The Fylde College can be an excellent way to get started. I wish Ben every success in his chosen career.”

Industry Leading Training

The Motorsport unit at B&FC is based in the Advanced Technical Centre at the Bispham campus. Built at a cost of £10.5 million, the centre is equipped with automotive testing, servicing and repair equipment of cutting-edge industry standards. Training is provided by tutors with in-depth experience in the motor industry.

Full-time study programmes are available. Ranging from a one-year Level 2 course up to a two-year Level 3 triple diploma, which is equivalent to three A-levels. Employment based apprenticeships are also offered and, if necessary, the college can support students in finding an employer. The study and practical training provided covers the full spectrum of automotive skills. Motorsport to vehicle servicing, repair and refinishing are covered.

More information on the courses available can be obtained by calling the Programme Enquiries team on 01253 504 343.

While you’re here…

Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.

Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for your weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.

Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast

What do you think? Leave a comment below

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *