Fancy a Career in Health & Social Care?

Do you fancy a Career in Health & Social Care? Take a look at the Health and Social Care Career Academy. It provide career opportunities for local people.

“Pop Up” events are planned across the Fylde Coast to raise the awareness of job vacancies in the Health & Social Care sector. Look out for the vacancy booklets which are being distributed around the community with details of job vacancies.

If you have empathy, compassion and you enjoy caring for others, why don’t you go along to any of the events? See how the academy can benefit you.

• Houndshill Shopping Centre, Blackpool on Thursday 7 and 14 March (10am -2pm)
  • Affinity Lancashire, Fleetwood on Thursday 21 and 28 March (10:30am -2pm)
  • Sainsbury’s (St Annes) St Andrew’s Road on Monday 1 April (10am -2pm)

What Amanda thinks

One of those learners on the Talent4Care programme was Amanda Cyrus who now works for Transition Care.  She said:

“I saw an advert for a job fair at Bickerstaffe House so decided to go along and see what was available. While I was there I was told me about a course that was soon to be starting called Talent4Care, which I enrolled on. I’m so glad I did. I learnt so much in the short space of time.

“They were patient, fair, fun and they taught in a way that enabled the information to ‘stick’. I received multiple certificates and qualifications and two weeks after finishing this course I started a new job via the interviews that are arranged for you. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone”.

More about the Health and Social Care Career Academy

It’s a strategic partnership bringing together expertise. It’s led by the NHS Blackpool Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust, Blackpool Council and Blackpool and The Fylde College (B&FC) and works in collaboration with Lancaster University.

Since the academy was launched in April 2018, over 50 learners who have taken part in programmes have gone on to be successful at interview and started their new career. As many more learners have continued with their study and progressed onto other short term courses.

The academy’s also trained over 300 existing staff across the workforce in health related accredited courses to provide skills for professionals and current staff wishing to advance their career.

The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) is carrying out a national recruitment campaign to help people into work in this sector. The local events are just a part of it.

Find out More

For further details, visit www.hscacademy.org.uk

Email:  helen.cook@blackpool.ac.uk  for details on courses available

While you’re here…

Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.

Love the Fylde Coast?  Sign up for our weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.

Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast

Leave a reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *