The Locals Helping Locals appeal is just what it says on the tin. It’s about local people and local businesses helping out people who live in Blackpool and who are in need this Christmas.
It was founded by Hayley Kay (Radio Wave, BBC Radio Lancashire) and her pals five years ago. It’s snowballed into a fantastic community event that aims to put food on the table at Christmas for the 10,000 children and their families who are living below the poverty line in Blackpool.
Here’s Hayley with all the details of this years appeal –
Drop Off Point for Locals Helping Locals
Once again the generous people at Blackpool’s Sandcastle Waterpark will provide this years Locals Helping Locals, Christmas Food Bank Donation Centre.
The drop-off event will take place on Friday 22nd November at Sandcastle Waterpark from 4pm – 7pm.
If possible please take your items to the Sandcastle on collection day to meet Hayley Kay and join in with the fun. However, don’t worry if you can’t get there, collection can also be arranged.
Free Car parking is available for everyone on adjacent South Beach Car Park to make dropping off your donations as easy as possible.
What Should you Donate
With more than 10,000 children in Blackpool living below the poverty line, any donation you can make will make a difference.
- Once again the Red Box Appeal is being supported. Any donations of sanitary products are welcomed, which will be placed in our schools to help young ladies cope with what, for many, can be a difficult and challenging time.
- This year we’re also reaching out to you to ask for your donations of hygiene products such as deodorant, shampoo, talcum powder and toothpaste.
- Toys and games which are complete and in good condition.
- Food – please see the list below:
A number of local charities and organisations ready to receive these items so, anything at all that you can donate, we are immensely grateful for.
Once again, we have produced a collection poster for your office or workplace – please message us if you’d like a copy.
Could you organise a collection in your workplace, but would struggle to drop it off at the collection centre? If so, collection can be arranged from your premises.
- To arrange collections between 18th – 21st November – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Great things can be achieved!
Please share this post and information with your family, friends and colleagues to spread the word about this years collection.
Last years Donation Centre was an outstanding show of community spirit and support. Your kindness and generosity went an extremely long way to putting food on tables for families and children in Blackpool and across the Fylde Coast.
- Join the The Locals Helping Locals at Christmas Team on Facebook
While you’re here…
Have a look at the Visit Fylde Coast website homepage for more of the latest updates.
Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for your weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast